You want to use stucco veneziano and other marble plasters on ceramic surfaces?
Here in this blog you will find instructions for processing.
It has been very popular for some time, to apply a jointless coating to bathrooms, toilets and kitchen backs. If the existing tiles should be left in place, to avoid unnecessary work and the resulting dust, then it is possible to coat directly onto the old ceramic coverings. A well functioning procedure, I have summarized here.
- First of all, the tiles and the joints are cleaned with orange terpenes, to ensure the adhesion of the primer to the tile. Simply clean the tiles with a cloth soaked in orange terpenes. It should be wiped dry.
- Now the degreased surface is coated with the adhesive primer. This adhesion primer is pigmented with marble powder. The marble grains provide the necessary bond with the mineral plaster. This is done mechanically and chemically.
- The surface is now as rough as sandpaper. A thin layer of adhesive plaster is applied. A reinforcing fabric is embedded in the fresh adhesive plaster and smoothed over with adhesive plaster. Due to the tiles, the plaster can only dry out on one side, which increases the drying time to approx. 48 hours.
- Here’s something important. The dry, smooth surface is primed again with the adhesive primer with marble powder. If this is not done, there is a risk that the joint pattern will shine through to the finished surface. This mark of the grid then looks anything but good. It is therefore necessary to carry out this step, although some time will pass due to the resulting drying times.
- On the primed mineral marble plaster you can further coat with the marble plasters from our range. If you want to use Stucco Veneziano, it is recommended to apply one layer of creative plaster and 2 – 3 layers of Stucco Veneziano. Stucco Extra is used on floors and in wet rooms.
- If you want a sealant for wet areas, or if it should be washable, then you can read more about it here on the product page of our sealants.
- The connection joints are grouted with natural stone silicone.
This manual is for all those who can leave the existing tiles, because it is easily possible from the space. Sometimes it is even better to shorten a door leaf by one centimetre instead of removing the floor tiles. More information can be found in our blog Making different techniques yourself.
If you have any questions regarding our products or processing, please do not hesitate to contact us. Here on the contact page you will find the possibilities to contact us.